Tuesday, December 11, 2012

TVB 45th Anniversary Awards Nomination: Best Actress


Charmaine Sheh (When Heaven Burns)
- Definitely one of the strongest performances this year. She truly impressed me in WHB.

Niki Chow (Bottled Passion)
- Let's face it, Niki's acting is probably one of the weakest in BP. Her crying scenes still seem so forced to me. And her voice sounded so whiny for some reason in BP.

Fala Chen (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
- Hmmm..... how about no?! Fala was OTT in QODAH. Too bad that this is her only series this year.

Linda Chung (Witness Insecurity)
- From the bits and pieces I watched, I found Linda rather awkward in the role.

Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice II)
- I don't see any difference in her performance comparing to last year, though I admit that she's good at playing lawyer.

Liza Wang (Divas in Distress)
- Good or bad, it's a tradition that Liza is nominated. Well, she did ok in DID, not her best though

Aimee Chan (The Last Steep Ascent)
- This nomination puzzles me for the longest time, and it still does!! Now I'm not saying that Aimee did bad, she did ok in fact, but her character is more of a supporting.

Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)
- Kate was good in HAL but not best. She improved a lot in her acting, despite some inconsistency. However, her sudden surge of popularity really caught me off guard.

Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
- Everyone is saying it's Tavia's year and I see that too. This is her year. I haven't watched a whole lot of SSSS yet but she was at least consistent in her performance. If Myolie can get it last year, I don't see why Tavia can't.

Michelle Yim (The Confidant)
- Michelle has little to do from what I have seen so far. I can't really comment.

Where is Maggie Cheung? She's the main character, not Aimee!! And Jessica Hsuan? If Joe Ma is nominated for Best Actor, I don't see why Jessica can't be. She deserves a spot on the Best list more than him. And finally, Maggie Siu also deserves to be nominated.



 


Predictions

Top 5: Linda Chung, Myolie Wu, Kate Tsui, Tavia Yeung, Michelle Yim

Winner: Tavia Yeung

Poll from TVB Forum


No comments:

Post a Comment