Tuesday, December 18, 2012

TVB 45th Anniversary Awards Results


Overall, the results are quite satisfying. All the awards are evenly distributed among many series
 
The 3 most surprising results of the night:
1. Wayne Lai won Best Actor (for the 3rd time)
 2. When Heaven Burns won Best Series               
 3. Raymond Lam went home empty-handed!!    
 
 
Lifetime Achievement Award: Liza Wang

Most Improved Female Artiste: Mandy Wong
 
 Most Improved Male Artiste: Oscar Leung
Congratulation to Gwan Yi Gor and Gwan Yi So!! Very well-deserved win!!

Best Host: Luisa Maria Leitao (Telling Maria)
 
Outstanding Artistes: Chin Ka Lok, Benz Hui, Sunny Chan, Lee Sing Cheung, Dodo Cheng
This is probably the best part of the awards show. Even though this is just pork, I do hope that TVB will keep this award for next year. It's very nice seeing them getting recognized for their hard work over the years. I'm especially happy for Benz Hui and Lee Sing Cheung. They are two of my favorite supporting actors, never tired of seeing them onscreen. Congratz!!
 
My Favorite Female Character: Kate Tsui as Chan Ka Bik (Highs and Lows)
Kate: "The term 'most favorite' has always been really distant to me because there was a time I was disliked by the audience. I never thought that I would be liked by the audience. Thank you for the votes of 3000-4000 workers at TVB. Earlier when I was walking here, someone from the audio department reminded me to thank them because he said that everyone in the department has voted for me." Congratulations Kate Tsui!! It seems that the character Chan Ka Bik is the turning point of her career.
 
My Favorite Male Character: Kenneth Ma as Cheung Yat Kin (The Hippocratic Crush)
Kenneth: "I don't know since when everyone started to think that getting the Favorite award means that you're not getting the Best award, so everyone seems like they don't really want this. But I can tell you, if no one wants this award, I don't mind taking it every year." Ma Ming seemed shaky. I bet he was really nervous. Anyways, congratz Yat Kin Tau!!
 
Best Supporting Actress: Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
Congratulations to Nancy for winning her third Best Supporting Actress award this year. This is a great year for her. I have rooted for Nancy to get Best Supporting since 2010, and she finally gets it this year. Now that Nancy is awarded, next one to root for is Elena Kong.
 
Best Supporting Actor: Koo Ming Wah (Divas in Distress)
I was rooting for Power Chan but I'm fine with Koo Ming Wah winning too. Afterall, his So Gei has generated such an uproar in HK. It was very kind of Koo Lou to ask Power if he had anything to say when they were on stage together, very humble!! I feel that every year I'm always most satisfied with the winning in the Best Supporting Actor category. This is a good sign :)
 
Best Informative Program: Pilgrimage of Hope
 
Best Variety Program: Map of Happiness
 
Best Actress: Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
(Top 5: Charmaine Sheh, Linda Chung, Kate Tsui, Tavia Yeung, Michelle Yim)
Expected Tavia to win and she won. Congratz Tavia, your hard work has really paid off!! I love how the moment she heard her name, she burst into tears. And I also love how Elena Kong and Mary Hon came down to hug her. Elena was crying too. Such a loving Chung family. The camera was purposedly focused on Him Law many times and I also saw he had tears in his eyes. Him Him is so emotional ~~ too bad Tavia didn't mention him, but oh well...
 
Best Actor: Wayne Lai (The Confidant)
(Top 5: Kenneth Ma, Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Damian Lau, Wayne Lai)
Congratz to Wayne for his third time winning Best Actor, that makes him equal to Gallen Lo. This result actually came out quite surprising, since I was expecting Raymond to take this. But in the end, it seems that Wayne's fan base is larger. Or am I just underestimating him this whole time? As for me, I go by the motto: When you don't know who to vote for, go for Wayne!!
 
Best Series: When Heaven Burns
(Top 3: When Heaven Burns, The Hippocratic Crush, The Confidant)
You have no idea how happy I was when WHB was announced Best Series!! This is probably the most shocking win to most people, as WHB has the second lowest ratings in 2012, moreover, it was aired a year ago. Too bad that most of the casts were not there in the awards show, and Chik Ki Yee and Chow Yuk Ming were probably shocked too since they didn't say much either. Anyways, it's nice to know that so many people supported WHB. Very deserving win!!
 
"OMG... I can't believe I didn't win anything..."
 
"Oh well, at least I got one"
 
Hmm... Kenneth looked shocked/disappointed? when Wayne was announced Best Actor...
 
Bromance FTW!!
 
**Credit to tvb.com and kuangaiTVB**

1 comment:

  1. Though I personally did not want Raymond Lam to win, I still feel bad for him. Almost every year (for the recent years), he've been focused as a fierce competitor for the Best Actor award. In the end though, it never comes to him :/

    That's why I wasn't so shock that Raymond did not win it. Actually more surprise that Kenneth wasn't the one who got it due to THC's popularity.

    Overall, very happy that Wayne Lai won though :) Hehe I was rooting for either him or Damian Lau to win...hoping more for Damien (but the chances were slim indeed). I also wouldn't mind if Bowie takes it either. haha x)

    ReplyDelete